I am starting to build a fully solar powered house boat.
Here is a list of some of the systems I will be putting into this build.
- 2 48Vdc 2K watt solar panel arrays.
- 1 24Vdc 1K watt solar panel array.
- 2 48Vdc high power golf cart motoers and control systems.
- 2 48Vdc 2K Amphr Lithium Ion Battery Banks.
- 1 24Vdc 300 Amphr Lithium Ion Battery Bank.
- 100 Gallon fresh water tank
- 60 Gallon gray tank
- 60 Gallon black tank
- All lights will be LED.
- There will also be a 3 zone spit A/C system with heat pump.
- Salt water desalination and filtraion system.
- 96NM radar and gps cartploter/autopilot.
- Sonar/ fish finder
My Hull is going to be shaped like that of a Jon boat to store batteries, drivetrain, tanks, and other storage as needed.
I am getting ready to lay the first boards of the hull.
I will post updates as I get time.See also Richard’s question on Hull Building
Click here to post comments
Return to Wooden Boat Projects...
Want to add more photos?