I am starting to build a fully solar powered house boat.
Here is a list of some of the systems I will be putting into this build.
- 2 48Vdc 2K watt solar panel arrays.
- 1 24Vdc 1K watt solar panel array.
- 2 48Vdc high power golf cart motoers and control systems.
- 2 48Vdc 2K Amphr Lithium Ion Battery Banks.
- 1 24Vdc 300 Amphr Lithium Ion Battery Bank.
- 100 Gallon fresh water tank
- 60 Gallon gray tank
- 60 Gallon black tank
- All lights will be LED.
- There will also be a 3 zone spit A/C system with heat pump.
- Salt water desalination and filtraion system.
- 96NM radar and gps cartploter/autopilot.
- Sonar/ fish finder
My Hull is going to be shaped like that of a Jon boat to store batteries, drivetrain, tanks, and other storage as needed.
I am getting ready to lay the first boards of the hull.
I will post updates as I get time.See also Richard’s question on Hull Building
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Wooden Boat Projects...
Want to add more photos?
Jul 17, 19 02:34 AM
Should white oak ribs for a small boat show the grain vertically or horizontally at the end of the rib?
Jul 16, 19 03:12 AM
PORT ORCHARD — Sleek, elegant wooden boats — namely, those with the sought-after Chris Craft monogram emblazoned on their hulls — added a look of refinement to the Port Orchard Marina last weekend dur…
Jul 15, 19 03:46 AM
How many coats of varnish would you put on a wooden dinghy?
“Ten if I had the chance,” so Owen O’Connell answered when he told me
the story of the Cork Harbour ‘T’ Boats.
Read more by Tom MacSweeney at…