Boat/marine Nomenclature

by Tom
(Minneapolis Minnesota)

I am restoring a '59 Elgin runabout and most parts are intact but some missing.

One of the problems I have is knowing what some "thing" is actually called in the boat world.

One recent learn I had was the term "coaming pad".

Does anybody have a good diagram on what all the little and big parts are called, as well as sections of the actual watercraft, beyond the obvious such as stern, bow etc...

I am a landlocked Minnesotan restoring his first boat.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Questions and Answers Forum.

Want to add more photos?

Photo Uploader

If you are having problems uploading Photos or would like to add more click on this link for the Upload Form.