12' Fazackerley King Billy Clinker dingy
by Stew Edwards
"little Chook" his beautiful 12' Reg Fazackerley built clinker dinghy.
Denman Marine restored this boat for the current owner a few years back and she is a delightful fishing/pleasure dinghy.
- She is planked in king billy pine on Huon ribs with a NZ
- She has a refurbished reliable 4hp seagull outboard. During
her restoration all paint and putty was removed, a new transom frame, 7
new ribs and a couple of plank splits were repaired.
- The boat has been re-painted and the bright work has been
oiled for lower maintenance.
- There is a wonderful age patina where she is finished
bright and the rear Huon thwart is just stunning.
- She now has a new lease on life for another 20+ years.
To build a boat such as this today and fit it out with what it is
offered with would cost in excess of $22,000.
This magnificent piece of
- This boat is offered with a registered trailer, 4 HP
Seagull outboard, safety gear for sheltered waters, oars &
rowlocks plus anchor, chain and rope.
- A fire extinguisher is fitted for safety when the engine is
in use and there are two rope fenders in keeping with the boats
- The boat also has a tailor made canvas cover made by a
local sail maker.
Tasmanian maritime history is available for purchase at $12,000More on "Little Chook" here >>>